Removable Partial Dentures
Removable partial dentures normally consist of the replacement teeth that is fixed to the gum-coloured or pink plastic bases. Depending on the patient’s needs, our CKFarr will design a customized partial denture. A partial denture can have clasps and a metal framework which connect to the patient’s teeth, or they can come with other connectors which look more natural. In other case, a removable partial denture can be made to connect to the patient’s teeth with devices known as precision attachments. These attachments are usually more aesthetic when compared to the clasps. Some patients may need crowns on their natural teeth so as to make the removable partial dentures more fitting.
What You Should Expect
- At first, the new partial dentures may feel bulky or awkward. This is common, and you shall finally become used to it.
- Removing and inserting the partial dentures back will need practice.
- You should all the instructions that will be given by our dentists. The denture should easily fit into place. You should never bite down to force the denture into place, as this can break or bend the clasps.
- Our dentists will give you precise instructions on how long you can wear the denture and when it must be removed.
- In the beginning, you can be asked to have the denture at all times. Though this can be uncomfortable for a while, it is the fastest way to recognise the areas that may require some adjustment.
- In case the denture applies excess pressure on a specific area, that particular spot will turn sore. Our dentists will make adjustments on the dentures so that they do fit comfortably. After the adjustments, it is recommended that you remove the dentures from your mouth at night before going to sleep and change it when you wake up.
- Taking your meals should be a more satisfying experience with the use of the partial dentures. Being with the soft foods that have been sliced into tiny pieces. Use both sides of your mouth to chew.